Tableau is the top of the line product for data visualization. The October newsletter showcases several designs using the Tableau Public tool. If you have ever had a chance to use Tableau Public, you should check out these tips and tricks to create a better visualization. If you do not have experience using Tableau Public, you can also find out what features a good visualization should have.
In particular, I recommend the following three articles referenced in the cited article.
- Leveraging Color to Improve Your Data Visualization
- Dashboard Layout and Design
- Peter Gilks: Skyscrapers in New York
- Free Software Tip Friday… Tableau Public for Data Visualization (gisuser.com)
- Tableau adds integration with R (revolutionanalytics.com)
- Tableau Collaborates with Google Cloud (arnoldit.com)