In an unprecedented windfall for public access to health data, University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health researchers have collected and digitized all weekly surveillance reports for reportable diseases in the United States going back more than 125 years.
- Researchers develop massive database to help fight deadly diseases… (medicalxpress.com)
- New Public Access Database To Transform Disease Control, Epidemiological Research: ‘Project Tycho’ Compiles 125 Years Of Public Health (medicaldaily.com)
- Long-Term Disease Database Proves the Value of Vaccines (richarddawkins.net)
- Trove of Public Health Data Unlocked by Pitt Researchers to Help Fight Deadly Contagious Diseases (medindia.net)
- Pitt unlocks trove of public health data to help fight deadly contagious diseases (eurekalert.org)